Hypoallergenic Wedding Rings and Bands

For most couples, the exchanging of rings is an important part of their wedding ceremony. Your rings are a visual symbol of love that you can cherish for a lifetime. For some people however, rings can cause an allergic reaction that results in redness, itching, rashes, or blisters. Although this is a real concern, it doesn’t mean that wearing a wedding band isn’t possible. Jewelry allergies are often caused by certain elements in the metal. Fortunately, you can buy hypoallergenic rings that will help prevent these unpleasant reactions. At Larson Jewelers, we offer a selection of hypoallergenic wedding bands here on our site.

Nickel is typically the culprit when a person has an allergy to the rings that they wear. A reaction from a nickel allergy is called allergic contact dermatitis because the reaction occurs when contact is made between your skin and the metal. It can happen to anyone at any age. To avoid this, you will want to avoid metals such as white gold. To obtain its white appearance and to add strength for jewelry-making, gold is mixed with other metals to create a white alloy. To create 18k white gold, for example, 75 percent gold is mixed with 25 percent white metal. One of the white metals used is nickel, which is why many are unable to wear white gold rings without suffering from a reaction.

Items Per Page:










View All
Narrow Your Results