Winter Sale Up To 50% OFF & 10% OFF Code: SAVE10 + Free Shipping |Track My Order
33 Love Quotes To Incorporate Into Your Wedding
When I got married, I wanted my wedding day to incorporate so much love that my friends and family felt the love radiating at the ceremony and reception. I wanted to feel the love not only from my soon-to-be hubby but in the air around me as I walked down the aisle and as I said "I do." I included quotes about love in my invitations, my shower, my ceremony, my reception and even in the thank-you notes that I wrote afterward. I wanted everyone to feel lots of love before, during, and after my special wedding day. Incorporating quotes about love into your day just makes it that much more special. It is a wonderful feeling to share this love with every person you care about on your big day.
With your invitation, you are inviting your closest friends and family members to come and be a part of your special day. Try to get the potential guest excited about your day by quoting some special sayings about love and weddings. Use them as the ending to your beautiful invitation or as the focus as the envelope is first opened.
- "You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well." (Author unknown)
- "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." (Author unknown)
- "I knew exactly how old Walt Disney's Cinderella felt when she found her prince." (Elizabeth Young)
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." (Dr. Seuss)
- "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:21)
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." (Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights)
When it is finally your big day and you are getting ready to marry your best friend, what could be better than to have beautiful love quotes set out for all to read as they celebrate? Put these beautiful quotes out and use them as part of your décor: Display them on chalkboards, wooden pallets, or framed artwork. Or you could use them as props for the flower girl, ring bearer, and other attendants to carry down the aisle. This is a great way to get everyone excited about the nuptials that they are about to witness.
- "The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." (Jalal ad-Din Rumi)
- "I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me." (Roy Croft)
- "Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there." (Otomo No Yakamochi)
- "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life ... to strengthen each other ... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." (George Eliot)
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." (Maya Angelou)
- "He felt now that he was not simply close to her but that he did not know where he ended and she began." (Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina)
When you recite your vows, whether they are traditional, written by you, or made up from a group of beautifully written quotes about love, they are your vows that you recite to each other, made special by you and your spouse-to-be. What better way to tell him that you love him than to quote some ingenious things that have been spoken or written in the past about your love for each other? Here are some great quotes to use as part of your vows on your wedding day.
- "I never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one, my reason for life." (Ian McEwan, Atonement)
- "We love the things we love for what they are." (Robert Frost)
- "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with." (Mark Twain)
- "Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star." (E.E. Cummings)
- "I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once." (John Green, The Fault in Our Stars)
- "It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living." (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
Whether you are spending time at your bridesmaids' luncheon, you're getting ready to party the night away at your bachelorette party, you are spending the afternoon with lots of close friends at your bridal shower, or you are sitting in the middle of your wedding reception, there will be speeches. Have the people closest to you find some great quotes about love and marriage to recite while giving speeches that will encourage you in your new life together.
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." (Mignon McLaughlin)
- "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." (Robert Quillen)
- "You don't marry the person you can live with … you marry the person you can't live without." (Author unknown)
- "The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, a mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace." (Fawn Weaver)
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades. But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, now that's a real treat." (JoAnne Woodward)
- "A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "Being someone's first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect." (Author unknown)
The big day may be over, and you have already returned from your honeymoon, but there are gifts to be opened and many notes to be written to express your thanks to those who were a part of your wedding day. Include a sweet quote about love in your thank-you note to give one last burst of love on the note that you'll send to all of your friends and family. This is your last chance to express love in a way that they'll be sure to remember for years to come.
- "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." (Henry Ford)
- "The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make on your wedding day, and over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband." (Barbara De Angelis)
- "Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be." (Robert Browning)
- "Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground." (Darlene Schacht)
- "Before we met, I was as lost as a person could be, and yet you saw something in me that somehow gave me direction again." (Nicholas Sparks, Nights in Rodanthe)
- "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance." (Corinthians 13:7)