Winter Sale Up To 50% OFF & 10% OFF Code: SAVE10 + Free Shipping |Track My Order
Tungsten Rings Pros & Cons
Tungsten Carbide Rings: Beyond the Hype, What You Need to KnowThinking about getting a tungsten carbide ring? You've probably heard a lot of buzz about this popular metal, as it’s become one of the most popular men's wedding bands. Let's separate fact from fiction and explore the pros and cons of tungsten carbide rings to help you decide if they're right for you.
The Facts about Tungsten Carbide
- Super Hard: Tungsten carbide is one of the hardest metals on earth, second only to diamonds on the Mohs scale of hardness. This means it's incredibly scratch-resistant, making it a great choice for active lifestyles.
- Durable: Not only is tungsten carbide scratch-resistant, but it's also very strong and won't bend out of shape. This makes it a great option for wedding rings and other jewelry that you'll wear every day.
- Hypoallergenic: Unlike some metals, tungsten carbide is hypoallergenic, so it's a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
- Stylish: Tungsten carbide rings come in a variety of styles and colors, so you can find one that reflects your personality.
- Indestructible: While incredibly tough, tungsten carbide rings can break if hit with enough force. They're not invincible!
- Pure Tungsten Rings: Pure tungsten carbide is actually a powder and needs a binder, like nickel, to hold it together. Rings made with 80-85% tungsten carbide are the most durable and scratch-resistant.
- Cheap Metal: Tungsten carbide is a relatively affordable metal, but it's not cheap. The price will vary depending on the style, design, and inlay of the ring.
Pros and Cons of Tungsten Carbide Rings
- Extremely scratch-resistant
- Durable and strong
- Stylish and versatile
- Can break if hit with enough force
- Cannot be resized
- Not easily resellable
Should You Get a Tungsten Carbide Ring?
If you're looking for a durable, stylish, and affordable ring, tungsten carbide is a great option. They come in black tungsten wedding bands too. However, it's important to remember that it's not indestructible and can break if hit with enough force. If you're concerned about this, you may want to consider a different metal, such as titanium or platinum.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to get a tungsten carbide ring is up to you. Weigh the pros and cons carefully and choose the metal that best suits your needs and lifestyle.
FAQs About Tungsten Carbide Rings:
- Is tungsten good for a ring?
Yes! This metal is more affordable than gold or platinum, more scratch resistant than any other metal, and available in a wide range of styles, colors and inlays.
- How strong is a tungsten ring?
Tungsten's strength lies in its scratch resistance, which is surpassed only by diamonds. It will break if enough force is applied, but it is four times harder than titanium and twice as hard as steel.
- Why are tungsten rings so cheap?
Tungsten is a fairly new metal on the market, and it does not hold its cash value the way gold does. That makes it a more affordable option.
- Will a tungsten ring turn your finger green?
No! The reason some cheap rings turn your finger green is that they contain copper. All our tungsten rings contain only tungsten and nickel.
- Is tungsten a good wedding ring choice for me?
That depends on your budget and style preferences. If you're looking for a ring that feels substantial, resists scratches from everyday hard work, can reflect your personality and won't wreck your budget, tungsten wedding bands for men and women are a great choice.
- When buying a tungsten carbide ring, be sure to purchase it from a reputable jeweler like Larson Jewelers.
- Ask about the ring's warranty and return policy.
- Make sure the ring fits snugly but comfortably on your finger.
I hope this information helps you make an informed decision about tungsten carbide rings!